Summers flying by, and as a break from packing up my things for my move (six weeks away!), here are the five things that caught my eye this past week.
1. Know Canada. The Bruce Mau Design folks have recently reimagined the brand of Canada into a neat new way to help those lovely folks south of the 49th know a bit more about how awesome Canada is. Check out the design presentation here. It’s basically a concept campaign, so it’s not known if it will actually be created, but I think the idea is solid.
2. I will Teach you to be Rich asks, “When should you talk about finances in a relationship?”. Good question – it’s a dicey subject. Read the comments on the post for some funny and insightful answers. My opinion: Don’t be super up front about it, but don’t delay either.
3. 18 worst things for a left-handed person to do. I am a leftie, and I cope pretty well with it, but man oh man, there are a few things that are super difficult to do with a left hand instead of a dominant right hand. Here’s a funny list of some of those things. My biggest pet peeve is #6, hands down.
4. The rise of inflated job titles. Have you come across a Marketing Guru, or a Sanitation Engineer yet? These are basic examples of inflated job titles that are starting to pop up, and I think they are all utterly ridiculous. Call a spade a spade, I say, and so do these surgeons who are starting to fight for their right to be the only ones called surgeons.
5. ING Direct wants to give you $50 (for free!). Seriously. I am a loyal customer of ING’s and I love their service, lack of fees, and awesome online interface. If you ever thought about switching banks or at the very least testing the waters, here’s an easy way to see if this is a fit for you, while earning an easy $50.
Before August 31, register online, give them my orange key (17085462S1) and open an account with $100 in it to get your $50 bonus. You should know that this is totally a win-win, as I’ll get $50 for referring you. So there’s your full disclosure.