Hello and happy Monday!
I’m starting this fresh week with some final exam grading and a lot of open time in my schedule. It’s a very weird feeling moving into the summer semester with absolutely no structure to my schedule. I’m dead set on finding a routine I’m comfortable with, so this week will be a bit of test run to see what pattern sticks. First up: a Monday AM meeting with my advisor…
I hope your weekend weather was warm and sunny. Kingston had sun, but no warmth. That’s okay, I know it’s coming soon. I did get Nora out for a nice 10 KM trek around town, and it was so nice to feel the fresh air on my face!
Onto the five things for the week:
1. Backyard Chickens are a dream I have. I have lots of “real people” dreams for the future when I actually have an income and a house and “real” things. One of those hopes is to have backyard chickens. I think it’s such a cool idea, and although I’m not one to jump on a fad bandwagon, but this is something I really think is so cool. This brief post over at Apartment Therapy this week reminded me of how much I love this idea!
2. Vocab testing. I’m a lover of grammar and words, so here is yet another cool link for a quick “game” to keep your vocabulary skills sharp. And, it’s more than just a quick game – the site will track your progress and help you learn the words you have trouble with. Cool.
3. The Real Sounds of Hearing Loss. My dad has progressively worsening hearing and although he uses hearing aids, I always wonder what the sensation of losing hearing is like. This post will give you some insight into what that’s like, depending on the type of loss possible.
4. 10 Cool Bike Stands. London Cyclist compiled 10 cool bike racks that would make you envious to lock up, and I agree with the selections. My favourite? See below.
5. This American Life: the cost of internet bandwidth. I was astounded to listen to last week’s This American Life episode and hear that just to host the clips on the website for listeners to listen for free, it costs them more than $170,000! Astounding. If you’re a fan, click over and donate. If you’ve never listened, listen. I
think know you’ll like it.
Have a great week!