Okay folks – this one is quick. I’ve only really got paper writing on the brain today – 2 papers to draft and complete in the next 9 days – so this is the fast and furious list of five things I just can’t live without on a daily basis. Do you agree? Have something you can’t live without? Let me know!
1. Loose-leaf tea. For years, I was a major coffee drinker (full disclosure: I still love it dearly). But, since I’ve weaned my regular intake off, I’ve developed a passion for amazing loose-leaf teas. Oh my! The flavours, the choices! There are so many ways to drink a wonderful cup of tea. Here a few of my favorites: Adagio’s Earl Grey Lavender, David’s English Breakfast, and David’s Forever Nuts.
2. Good school supplies. Listen, I may be very electronic-dependent with my work, but I still carry around a paper notepad and prefer to mark up documents with a highlighter. So, I rely on GOOD school supplies all the time because the pages build up fast, and I can’t be constantly splurging on new highlighters. Here are a few favorite items: 3m’s 4X6 Post-It Notes, Sharpie highlighters, and Binder Clips (I dream of all the office supplies at Chapters, all the time).
3. Blistex Lip Conditioner. This is something I really can’t go a day without, so I always have several located throughout the house, purse, office etc. Always within arms reach, I say!
4. Nail Polish. Talk about a cheap thrill, eh? My nails aren’t always perfectly polished, but when I have a few spare moments to paint my nails it always makes me feel instantly more classy-like. Favourite shades right now: Joe’s Champagne, Essie’s Merino Cool.
5. Eggs. Okay, have a laugh at this one, but if I could only eat one food ever again, I’d pick eggs. So many ways to eat them! Omelettes, scrambled, over easy, the list goes on! PS: A cool cookbook, Put An Egg On It.
Have a great week.