Hey there, June. I’m excited to see you. In fact, I’m so excited, that I hopped a plane last Thursday night and spent a couple of days in T.dot (Do people still say that? #tryingtobecool) and now I’m relaxing with some of my favourite people in Belleville, Ontario. It’s quaint and cute, and that suits me just fine.
Here’s what’s been on my radar this week.
1. This American Life. I’m a more than avid listener to both CBC Radio and CBC Radio2. Some of my favourite programs include The Debaters, Definitely Not the Opera (DNTO), Randy’s Vinyl Tap, Wire Tap, Under the Influence and The Vinyl Cafe, to name a few. Oh, and don’t forget Jian on Q. I could probably recite the daily programming schedule by heart. All that being said, when I’m south of the border on a road trip, I like to dial into NPR to see what’s on talk radio there. Recently the Contrarian pointed me to This American Life, and I’ve been listening to previous episodes while at work. Worth a listen if you like CBC, especially shows like DNTO.
2. What would you do with 2 extra hours? Let this beautiful chart help you dream up the possibilities.
3. The demise of guys (via TED). Listen, I’m not sure what the solution is, but there are some interesting social issues that have been starting to bubble up within Gen-Y and the next group of kids that are just entering their 20′s. Moreover, it’s the boys are suffering the most. As Philip Zimbardo put it in this video, “I’m here to alarm, it your job to solve.” Watch this, and for more info check out the follow up on Amazon: The Demise of Guys.
3. Speaking of the guys, it seem that the women will run the world. Check it out (via the Atlantic).
5. Tattly temporary tattoos. I’ve been toying with the idea of inking myself with something permanent (Hiiiii Mom! Please ignore this section; I’m kidding), but in the meantime while I waffle of what I’d get, I found an awesome selection of Tattly temp tattoos in Inkwell Boutique recently, and I just *had* to pick one up that fit perfectly with my newest interest: bicycling! I think I’ll save it for sometime this summer.