This weekend was filled with friends, fun times and family. I managed to catch two different Busker acts, and although I always love to see more, getting to see the People’s Choice Award, Victor Rubliar was awesome. He’s a hilarious comedian / stunt man who works with 5 soccer balls. And, the best part – he did his show with 110% enthusiasm in the pouring rain.
Here’s five fresh things for this week:
1. Real Actors read Yelp Reviews. I love Yelp, and I think these clips are hilarious! Hope to see more of them, and I also hope that some more 4-star reviews come through, maybe with a really over the top execution. Who doesn’t love exuberance?
2. Infographic: How the poor spend their money vs. the middle class. Interesting to compare the relative %’s on various categories. Check out the short analysis at the end of the article for some additional perspective.
3. Bicycles are major cool, according to Vogue. In a recent online article, the magazine matched fashion with some very slick-looking bicycles. Check all 8 looks out here. The one below is my favorite!
4. Italian = English? There are so many things I love about this music video. The hair, the sets, the dancing – it’s hysterical. But, the whole point is to have Italian gibberish sound like English! Neat. I guess it’s kind of what we sound like to Italians?
5. Crazy memos from crazy bosses. Via Letters of Note:
From the offices of the now-defunct but at one time Houston-based Tiger Oil Company come a total of 22 enormously entertaining memos; all sent by, or on behalf of, the firm’s incredibly amusing, painfully tactless, and seemingly constantly angry CEO — Edward ‘Tiger Mike’ Davis — to his staff. Little is known about the man himself (some background can be gleaned here) and in 1980 his company filed for bankruptcy, however some years ago his inter-office communications thankfully appeared online for all to see.