It’s Monday and the week is already racing forward while I try to play catch up. I made it to and from Chicago for a conference over the end of last week, and it was a total blast. Chicago is an amazing city I’m going to have to spend more time in, for sure!
Here’s a few quick hits to get your week off to the right start:
1. Bad or Good Ad Strategy? You decide. Basically, new research insights are giving marketers the ability to prey on consumers (specifically female ones) when (e.g., Monday AM’s are when female body images are weaker) they are most vulnerable. I’m intrigued by the research, to be sure, but I’m not sure if the ethics of application are agreeable. What’s your take?
2. Sagrada Familia 2026. Maybe someday the Barcelona cathedral will be finished? This new visualization helps showcase how close (or far?) from completion things are and what the expected final product will be like.
3. Everything we eat affects everything. I’ve been saying this for years, thanks to lots of help from Naturopathics and the like, but I think this is a good article worth a read by everyone who thinks “nah, I’m fine!”
4. Malcolm Gladwell: David & Goliath. I’m soooo excited to read his new book, and it make it even more tantalizing, I was lucky enough to see Malcolm Gladwell speak as part of the keynote at the conference in Chicago last week. In case you are interested in more about the book (and less about me being awestruck at one of my author idols), here’s a great (short) review of the book from Freakonomics.
5. Food & Wine Pairing Cheat Sheet. My suggestion: when in doubt, who cares what you pair! But, keep this handy to impress guests.