Hi! Happy almost May. Here’s what’s up this week.
1. [article] A crazy man and his Match.com dates. This weirdo kept a very detailed spreadsheet of his Match.com dates. That’s a bit effed up. Of course *eye roll* he works in fiance. Now, I’m not one to talk, as I log all kinds of information in spreadsheets (I used to track every receipt I had, but thank goodness Mint.com came along), but this takes the cake. I mean, if you’ve got to log the information in order to keep track of it, you’re trying to hard. Here’s more of the story, including an interview with “Dave” the datahead.
2. [person] Sir Ken Robinson. I’ve been an advocate of his TED.com talks for a while now, and I was really excited to find out a few months ago that he’d been booked for a conference in Halifax this past Monday (April 23). His keynote address was fantastic. He’s the kind of speaker that could happily talk all day long; it’s evident he practices what he preaches.
3. [website] As you Like Like it. This is a tumblr account I discovered through Jessie Rosen’s blog, and it’s quickly becoming a hilarious and interesting addition to my RSS feed. I can’t decide if the author is male or female, but I’m leaning on male. Check it out for funny observations on “the complexities of liking someone”. I should note, it’s not always safe for work.
4. [article] Justifying my existence as a marketer, one article at a time. Loving the simple illustrations that this Forbes.com contributor uses in all her pieces. Especially loving that this post focuses on the fact that marketing is “the perfect crime”:
Messaging, marketing, and personal actions (criminal or not) are simple human behaviors. We all want need to be in the right place with the right message at the right time. It’s as true for meeting your soul mate as it is for meeting your quarterly sales goals.
5. [fact] Did you know that Nick Offerman is married to Megan Mullally? Yep. Here’s that fun fact, and a few others relating to the man behind Ron Swanson, one of tv’s best characters, imo.