Thanks for the hobby suggestions this week. I’m mulling over my options, but I think I’m going to try looking into Joe’s M.I.L.L. and make a trip to the art store very soon. Anything else I should consider? Let me know below.
Otherwise, I’m so focused on meeting a deadline for Wednesday, and all I can think about is treating myself to a hair appointment on Thursday as a reward. It’s the simple pleasures that carry you through the rough patches, I say.
Before I make it to Wednesday or Thursday though, how about a quick break for the weekly 5 things?
1. SKYFALL. It’s out on Friday, and I so excited for this film. I doubt I’ll be in line, fighting to get to one of the first screenings, but I’ll get there soon. Oh, and don’t forget the amazing title track by Adele.
2. Starbucks Red Cups. As of November 1, they are back! And they make me happy inside.
3. You are what you eat, voter edition. Here’s a fun infographic in honour of the USA’s big [election] day tomorrow.
4. Sweet Potato Pancakes. I whipped up a recipe from my Practical Paleo book, and they are amazing! They are really simple to make; just shred a sweet potato, whisk three eggs, combine and season (endless possibilities), and pan fry in your healthy oil of choice. Mmmm. A new favourite side dish.
5. My iPhone case. I meant to post a link to the iPhone case I opted for a while back, but forgot. The one I chose from society6, which by the way, has tons of other arty items for sale, too, is below. It was tough to pick just one option, as there were so many good ones. Here are a few other ones I liked, too. Thanks to @teklanagel for the site suggestion.