The countdown to the end of the semester is on: ten days until classes are over, but ten days seems a slim time frame for the long list of deliverables I have on my plate. I’ll cross my fingers, toes and see how she goes!
Here’s five quick interesting things for the week:
1. I’m taking a study break with Katie to see STARS and METRIC this weekend!
2. Why videos go viral (TED talk with Kevin Allocca). A great look at the why and when things go “viral”.
3. My graphing/data visualization idol, David McCandless (Information is Beautiful) gave a TED talk. It’s awesome.
4. UBC researcher Elizabeth Dunn on happiness and money. A fascinating research topic I’ve been reading about.
5. Good grammar and writing rocks. I’ve been doing a lot of grading this past week, so as a PSA to everyone out there (both professionals and students), get a copy of White & Strunk’s The Elements of Style. Read it. Read it again, and again. Write better.